Friday, August 22, 2014

Recurring dreams

I often dream of our old home in Sackville, N.B. (Sometimes I feel like I'm trespassing on the house's new owners!) In some of these dreams it's May and I'm starting the garden in our back yard.  And I also dream of the summer cottage we used to have near Northumberland Strait, and various places in the Sackville area.

Many of my dreams involve travelling, on a train or on a ship. (I've sometimes dreamed of sailing on the Titanic.) I often dream of visiting London:  in this dream I sometimes go to a non-existent museum that's an amalgam of all the London museums I've visited.

Back in the 1990s I spent years working on my Ph.D. thesis.  Today I sometimes dream that I'm still trying to finish it, without much hope.  And I also dream of taking university courses.  Some people dream of sitting final exams, but in my dreams I tend to be in the middle of the course and feeling clueless about it.

My mother died a year ago and I sometimes dream about her.  In some of these dreams I hold her hand.  In one I said to her, "We miss you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment