Sunday, April 26, 2015

Breakfast

What do I eat for breakfast?  On a typical day I'll have an orange, a banana, an apple and a carrot in that order. (I try to avoid eating the carrot just after the banana, but I'm not even sure why!) Cereal I prefer to eat at lunchtime, and fried foods are too much trouble in the morning.  I prefer not to eat bacon because I spend half the time just trimming off the fat--back bacon is better in that respect.  

My sister sometimes eats bagels, but they don't appeal to me.  Neither does granola, which I recall my brother used to eat.  I don't eat toast but I like the smell.

In New York City they have restaurants with really lavish breakfast spreads.  My sister says her only reason for visiting New York would be to have a big New York breakfast, but you can get it in Toronto too.  They also have places here where you can get a British breakfast, including beans and sausages and pastries.

Remember those TV commercials for sugar-coated cereals?  At the end they'd show a bowl of the cereal beside other breakfast fare and call it "part of this nutritious breakfast." It helps that everything else is nutritious, of course.

I once saw this video of classroom films which included Why Won't  Cathy Eat Breakfast? produced by the National Dairy Council.  They never do answer the question, but my theory is that when she grows up she wants to become a supermodel!

No comments:

Post a Comment