Thursday, March 17, 2016

Parks

My favourite part of a city tends to be its parks.  Whenever I visit London, I'm sure to go to Leicester Square and Primrose Hill and Hampstead Heath.  And what would New York City be without Central Park?

Toronto has a lot of fine parks, including some I've hardly ever visited.  I live near Cedarvale and Nordheimer ravines.  You can walk through them and forget that you're in the big city.  I like walking under the bridges and hearing the distant traffic on Spadina Road or Bathurst Street.  If I walk to the southern end of Nordheimer Ravine, I'm already halfway to the downtown!

My brother John met his girlfriend Kathrine when they were walking dogs in High Park.  They also have an allotment there which they use to grow vegetables.  I should visit High Park more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment