Saturday, October 28, 2017

Learning to drive

I've never learned to drive.  I haven't even tried.  It's just too much of a responsibility for me! There are too many mistakes you can make and accidentally hurt someone.  I've never even ridden a go-cart.  But I like bumper cars.

I can ride a bicycle, but haven't done that for years.  I wish they'd make adult-sized tricycles!  I also like those vehicles you can rent on the Toronto Islands that have four wheels but run on pedal power like a bike.  They should have them everywhere!

Not having a driver's license can be inconvenient.  A few months ago I bought a cellphone and they needed my photo ID, but they didn't accept health cards!  So I had to go home and bring them my passport.  I think they now have a provincial photo ID for non-drivers.

I've always said that most of North America is too dependent on cars.  They're willing to spend a fortune on roads and airports but neglect rail traffic and buses and such.  Among other things, this isn't conducive to creating happy neighbourhoods where people walk around and talk to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment