Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Keepsakes

I don't have a lot of keepsakes.  Most of them are books.  We have a huge collection of old books that we've been selling online.  Some of them go back over fifty years! (A few of them my parents had when they were young...)


When I was young Scholastic Book Services (who later published Goosebumps and Harry Potter) sold a lot of book through the schools, and we got quite a few that way.  Stuff like Rabbit and Skunk and the Big Scary Rock or Look Out, Mrs. Doodlepunk!  We still have several today.  I ordered quite a few myself.  When my last order arrived at the end of the school year, there's always be one book that was sold out, and they'd send me a totally different book in its place!


I'm a bit dubious about keepsakes.  Either you remember something or you don't.  If you have a solid memory it shouldn't require an aid.  I suppose it's different for old folk whose memory is faltering.  I have a huge memory bank and hate to imagine what losing that would be like...


No comments:

Post a Comment