Monday, December 4, 2023

Being late

  I remember in Grade 3 when a girl came into class late, and the teacher told us all to turn around and look at her!  That was rather mean…


Yesterday I went to my singing group in the East End.  I’m often late to it because I live near the West End and buses are less frequent on Sundays.  And it goes from 1:00 to 3:00, too late for lunch afterward.  On the other hand, I’m not a morning person, especially on Sundays, so I often have breakfast at 10:30 or so, and since I have to leave by noon I don’t always have time for lunch beforehand.  Sometimes I’ll have lunch in the East End just before going to the group, if I think I have enough time.  


Yesterday I thought I had enough time, so I stopped at A&W and ordered a sausage and egg muffin.  But I ended up waiting half an hour, because my order had fallen through the cracks!  So I was half an hour late. (Fortunately, several others were also late, though not as late as me.)


I was telling Carolyn the group leader about it afterward, and she told me of the time she took her mother to a hospital for medical treatment and they ended up waiting five hours because her mother’s medical file had fallen off the table!  We’re both a bit too patient…


But there was one good thing to come out of this.  I was afraid this would be one of those weeks when I can’t think of anything to write, but this gave me something to write about!

No comments:

Post a Comment