Saturday, March 29, 2014

A party

I'm not much for parties.  Socializing with a lot of people is a bit of a chore for me.  Also, I'm a non-drinker.  Even birthday parties aren't much of an occasion for me especially now that I'm getting older.  I haven't had a birthday cake with candles since I turned thirteen!

At the opera group I'm in, we sometimes do party scenes, which means acting festive and laughing and raising our glasses.  One year when we were doing La Traviata, there was an acting class where we were shown the question "What brings you to Violetta's party?" and possible answers like "You're homosexual, and they understand these things here" or "You've come to steal trinkets, either to sell or out of spite" or "You're a medical student who's spent all day treating charity cases at the Hotel Dieu, and now you want to see how the other half lives." Those acting classes are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment