Monday, March 17, 2014

Too much/not enough time

We just entered daylight savings time again.  It reminds me of when I was younger, in my student years.  When the clocks went back in the fall, I appreciated getting the extra hour because I was concerned about not having enough time. (But losing the hour in the spring didn't bother me so much.)

I suppose I haven't done much with my life since finishing my Ph.D. 15 years ago.  Being unemployed, I don't worry about not having the time to do what I really want.  Yet I never feel bored.  That's what being well-read does for you.

Now that I'm older, time passing quickly seems an overrated pleasure.  You ought to experience life fully, and how can you do that if the years keep flying by?  Maybe it's better for time to pass slowly, just so you know you've really experienced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment