Friday, October 17, 2014

Buffet restaurants

I think my favourite part of buffet restaurants is the salad bar. (I remember that back in the 1970s the first restaurant I went to with a salad bar was Ponderosa Steak House.) I always like to get some lettuce with chickpeas, purple cabbage, shredded carrots, corn and a deviled egg if they have them.  And my only dressing is Thousand Islands.

I sometimes go to east Indian buffets, but my main buffet restaurant is Chinese food at the Mandarin.  Of course, it's a challenge not to overeat.  I sometimes ask for chopsticks, which I know how to use. When you're finished there and they're processing your bill, they give you a hot towel and a fortune cookie.  Have you ever noticed that you never get a fortune cookie saying "You have an attitude," or "You will break your ankle"?

No comments:

Post a Comment