Friday, June 5, 2015

Embarrassing moments

My sisters used to read Young Miss magazine. (It's now called YM.) One of its running features was called "Was My Face Red!" in which girls wrote in and described their most embarrassing experiences.  One girl mentioned the time that people were visiting her house but she was dressed shabbily, so she hid in the closet to avoid them.  Of course they opened up the closet and saw her inside!  Stories like that.

I try not to think about my own embarrassing moments.  I suppose I've gone through a few that are so embarrassing I don't want to write about them here.  So sue me.

One kind of person that really annoyed me in school (and still does today!) was the sort who'd notice when you brought embarrassment on yourself, then remind you of it later just to be mean.  It's the old "Hit him where it hurts" instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment