Saturday, September 26, 2015

PEANUTS

Charles Schulz' Peanuts is a classic comic strip.  When I was little we had a lot of the reprints.  I think my favorite character of all is Lucy, just because she's such a monster!

I've also seen many of the TV specials.  They aren't quite as good as the strip, but they're still pretty fun, at least the early ones.  I like the jazzy music and stuff like the sounds indicating adult voices.

In recent years, I've been buying the complete run being published by Fantagraphics.  I have it all the way to the end of 1984. (The strip isn't so good after that time.)

On Youtube you can find Bring Me the Head of Charlie Brown, a Peanuts special as directed by the violent Sam Peckinpah. (It was made by a student animator who went on to work on The Simpsons.) I find it really funny, but it's definitely not for all tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment