Monday, September 26, 2016

Raccoons

Remember the TV show The Honeymooners?  Jackie Gleason played bus driver Ralph Kramden, who belonged to a lodge called The Raccoons.  That was a really funny show!  I remember one episode where he'd sent in his tax form and the tax people want to speak to him about it.  He got really worried that he was going to get into legal trouble, but it turned out that he had just forgotten to sign his name!  Well, I made that same mistake one year.

I remember one episode where he ended up telling his wife, "You know why I get into all this trouble?  Because I've got a big mouth!"

Of course, the animated show The Flintstones was basically a Honeymooners ripoff.  But that show's writing wasn't half as good!

If you ever visit New York City, in front of this big bus terminal they have a statue of Gleason in his bus driver uniform with a plaque that says, "Ralph Kramden.  Bus driver.  Raccoon lodge treasurer.  Dreamer."

No comments:

Post a Comment