Monday, March 20, 2017

Traffic Jams

I haven't had to deal with traffic jams, because I never learned to drive.  That's the great thing about a big city like Toronto--you can get just about everywhere by public transit!

I have dealt with a few human traffic jams.  They have some big crowds in London, England. Crowds don't usually bother me, but the last time I was there, I was coming out from seeing The Jersey Boys, and there was this really huge crowd all over the street because of some big event. They weren't rowdy, but its sheer size scared me!

I'm glad I wasn't in Paris at the time of the French Revolution. Those mobs must have been really fearsome!  And the crowds enthusiastically watching people being beheaded--what kind of people are that nasty?  The city of Paris is a bit like a French poodle:  elegant to look at, but one of the worst breeds for biting! (Our modern world, in all its horror, was born in Paris.)

You can also get big crowds at protest marches.  When I was in London I attended a couple of marches protesting the West's inaction over Bosnia.  In one I got to walk down Park Lane!  I also got to hear Vanessa Redgrave speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment