Sunday, July 15, 2018

Blue jays

I've never really gone in for birdwatching.  But southeastern New Brunswick is a pretty good place for that, and some locals are into it.  Once I identified a bird in our yard as a flicker, which is related to a woodpecker.

I recall that four robins stopped in our yard at the start of spring and my mother called them Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice, after the movie about swinging California neighbours.

Did you know that Ian Fleming probably took the name James Bond from the author of a book for Caribbean bird watchers?

I don't follow the Toronto Blue Jays much.  Sports like baseball just aren't my thing.  I remember that when Toronto got into the World Series, the first President Bush let people know that he was rooting for the American team. (Weasel!)

No comments:

Post a Comment