Tuesday, December 18, 2018

STAR WARS

Want to hear an embarrassing '70s memory?  Back in the summer of 1977, they played the disco version of the Star Wars theme on the radio so much that I thought that was the theme! (This was before I saw the movie itself.  We lived in a small town, and the movie only reached us well into the fall.)

The series overall I can take or leave, I guess. (It owes a lot to the Flash Gordon serials.) It got pretty cheesy in Attack of the Clones when they escaped by putting gum in their handcuffs!  I didn't dislike Rogue One as much as some people did, but the ending (spoiler alert!) reminded me of something from when I was little.

I was one of five kids and we'd sometimes put on these Biddle Family plays.  The one rule about them was that everyone had to die in the end, so we'd die in all these different ways.  Anyhow, Rogue One had everyone dying in the end, which reminded me of the Biddle Family. (It also reminded me of the grimly purposeful war movies of the 1940s, but that's another story.)

Quentin Tarantino's western The Hateful Eight is another movie with a Biddle Family ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment