Friday, July 12, 2019

Getting lost

I usually avoid getting lost and the few times that I have been I feel ashamed to talk about.  You think, "This too shall pass," yet part of you wonders, "What if I stay lost forever?"

I read somewhere that when you're lost in the woods, the smart thing is to go downhill. And I've also read that if you see a blind person standing in the same place for a long time, it may mean that he's lost!

I've never watched the TV show Lost. (I heard that the later seasons got weirder and weirder...) And Lost in Space was before my time.  Though my brother put together a model of the Lost in Space robot.  He had a lot of models, like the car in Get Smart and the early airplane that Louis Bleriot flew across the English Channel.

Ring Lardner wrote a piece with this exchange: "'Are we lost, Daddy?' 'Shut up!' he explained."

No comments:

Post a Comment