Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Blue

The colour blue gets used with music a lot.  One of the songs my singing group has been the 1920s song "Blue Skies." (I like the Willie Nelson version.) We also sing "Blue Moon," one of my favourites.  And of course there's a whole musical genre called blues, like with Gershwin' Rhapsody in Blue.

I actually prefer grey skies to blue ones.

On American TV channels like Fox News they show election results with Republican states red and Democratic states blue. That's always annoyed me:  I thing they should be doing it the other way around, like red Liberals and blue Conservatives on Canadian TV.  Another Fox News innovation that annoys me is their showing news headlines on a moving crawl at the bottom of the screen.  It would be better to show fixed headlines like the BBC News channel.

In France they have blue smarties!

No comments:

Post a Comment