Sunday, November 10, 2019

The Internet

What would I do without the Internet?  Just this morning my brother was renovating our house and had to turn off the power in my room for a short spell.  I actually went downstairs and talked to my father and sister for a bit!  Something like that makes me appreciate the Internet.

I first got online back in 1996.  Back then I was a fan of the Sailor Moon anime series and found tons of info online.  I'd also been playing the computer game King's Quest 7 but was stuck, until I found enough online cheats to complete it!

I got onto Twitter a couple of years ago, which is pretty fun.  I have almost 2500 followers! (You can only follow 5000 Tweeters, so after you reach that maximum you can only get more followers by purging those you follow who don't follow you.) I post links to my blogs there.

My new online interest just now is dating webpages.  I found the site OKCupid where they ask you tons of questions and you can search for potential relationships by which people have answered closest to you.  For me answering the questions is as fun as dating itself!

One question you can answer is "I could probably beat you at..." and my own answer was "Trivia." One artist I came across answered, "Chiseling mortar off bricks from old houses." I commented, "You'd be useful in our current renovation!" (We were recently removing the bricks in a disused chimney to make more room.)

No comments:

Post a Comment