Sunday, March 1, 2020

Pie

My sister bakes good apple pies.  But she hasn't made any for a while because we needed a new oven.  We got a new one just a few weeks ago!  So now she can bake pie and I can bake gingerbread again.

I like rhubarb pie.  For me, June is rhubarb season.  What bugs me is when people don't put in enough sugar and it tastes sour.  I also like coconut cream pie.

When I was 13 or 14 my brother dared me to eat a whole can of cherry pie filling, and I did it!

Did you know that pumpkin pie filling is mostly made from squash rather than pumpkins?  Or at least that's what I read somewhere...

On Youtube I sometimes watch videos about mathematics.  There's one that shows an infinite product that equals the irrational number pi: pi/4=(1-1/9)*
(1-1/25)*(1-1/49)*(1-1/81)*... (The proof was a bit hard to follow.) Similarly, pi/2=(1+1/3)*(1+1/15)*(1+1/35)*(1+1/63)*... Also, 2*pi=(4/3)^2*(6/5)^2*(8/7)^2*...  These mathematical formulas fascinate me.

March 14 is Pi Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment