Friday, September 20, 2013

Unusual meals

I'm not much into unusual foods.  I didn't start eating Chinese food till I was fourteen or so.  I discovered Indian food when I was twenty-six, living in Glasgow. (I later found out that Glasgow is a big center for Indian cuisine.) Later, when I moved to Toronto, I discovered Ethiopian food, which is served on a bed of puffy bread that you break off to hold the meat instead of silverware.

It was also in Toronto that my sister Moira and I discovered some new kinds of food.  I learned to make fettucine alfredo and stir-fry food, both from recipes on a calendar promoting milk.  I also know how to bake gingerbread.

I have eaten a few unusual foods in my time.  When I was little, I liked to eat a single frozen french fry raw from time to time.  When I was thirteen, my brother John dared me to eat a whole can of cherry pie filling, and I did it! (I don't think I got sick.) When we started growing peas in our garden, I liked to eat them raw. (I think they like raw peas in Finland.)

No comments:

Post a Comment