Friday, December 12, 2014

Fridays!

Of course, Friday is the last day before the weekend, so people have good feelings about it. (I remember being in a good mood on Thursday night because it came just before Friday.) There was a period when I actually watched some soap operas--was I ever that young?--and Friday would always be the most exciting day because they wanted to keep people watching after the weekend.

I used to watch The Brady Bunch on Friday nights. (There, I admit it, I watched The Brady Bunch!) Another Friday night show was All in the Family, which I really enjoyed.  The Tommy Hunter Show was on Fridays too, but I never watched that.  Sometimes I'd see the show's closing credits, with the guitar on a chair, while waiting for something I did want to see to come on next, like The World at War. (Another Friday show where I only watched the closing credits was Police Story.) It used to be the only night when I'd stay up late enough to watch The National on the CBC at 11:00.

Today, Friday night for me is the night of the New York Times Saturday crossword puzzle.  They keep their hardest crosswords for Saturday, so my favourite puzzles are then.  They come online at 10:00.

Another thing I do online on Fridays is read Dan Savage's sex advice column.  I'm hoping it might be useful to me someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment