Friday, December 26, 2014

Last call

I've never experienced a barroom's last call late at night.  Like my parents before me, I never drink alcohol.  I never even got into tea or coffee either.  But I have a weakness for Pepsi-Cola. (It's my vice.)

I do stay up late quite a bit.  The internet never sleeps, and there's always something new to read.  Sometimes The Huffington Post will have an article on something I feel strongly about, like Private Manning's court-martial. (I consider her a hero.) Then I'll start posting comments and replying to other people's posts, and that may keep me up for hours!

I also play computer games pretty late.  There's one game called Hot Shot, involving firing a ball from an angle you choose, so it'll bounce off points until you've eliminated all the red ones.  You get a few new points to use at midnight, so I play it just after then.

And just after midnight the King Features Syndicate webpage, comics kingdom.com , shows the day's new comic strip episodes.   Dilbert is the only daily strip I still read in the newspapers, but I read several online, like Funky Winkerbean and The Phantom.  But what attracts me enough to pay for a subscription here is their reprinting of classic strips like Rip Kirby and Brick Bradford and Johnny Hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment