Friday, October 2, 2015

Royalty

I don't care much about the Royals. (I'm a small-R republican.) I think that Canada should get rid of the monarchy and have a president instead. (Realistically, it usually takes a war or a big economic crisis to make a nation give up monarchy.) Canadian monarchists are the most fatuous people in the world.

I'll admit I feel greater sympathy for Prince Charles than for those Whitehall bureaucrats he's been interfering with.  And I agree with him that a lot of modern architecture is garbage!  Someone said that to understand Prince Charles you have to remember his German roots.  He wants to be another Prince Albert, but times have changed.

Prince Philip, on the other hand, is royalty's answer to Archie Bunker!

Elizabeth II has now replaced Victoria as Britain's longest-reigning monarch.  She's also a far better queen, hard-working and conscientious and unfailingly polite.  I imagine her father would be proud of her.

The future King William V has a degree in art history.  That might actually prove useful for him, considering the huge collection he'll inherit!

No comments:

Post a Comment