Monday, February 1, 2016

Insomnia

I used to have a big problem with insomnia. (It hasn't been so bad lately.) I'm a rather light sleeper and sensitive to outside noises.  On New Year's Eve I'm in bed before midnight, but the noise of fireworks always wakes me up.  I used to be sensitive to light too, but living in the city with all the street lights has changed me.  Yet the others in my family are pretty heavy sleepers.

Whenever I fly on a plane, especially an overnight flight, I try to get some sleep.  But it's easier said than done.  There's just enough background noise to distract me, and it's hard for someone like me to loosen up in flight.

On the other hand, you can get sleepy at the wrong time.  The last time I was in London, I saw Roger Rees' one-man show about acting Shakespeare.  I'm afraid I nodded off during the show, and I sure hope Rees didn't notice! (I wasn't so far from the front row, so he could have.)

That reminds me that the other day, in one of my Facebook groups, someone challenged us to complete the sentence, "The sex was great until..." I posted, "...until she yawned."

No comments:

Post a Comment