Monday, June 20, 2016

Comfort food

For me, salted peanuts are a favourite comfort food.  I recently found out that at Bulk B arms you can buy a ton of peanuts all at once!  There was a time when I was recovering from an ulcer and had to go without them, which didn't please me.

I also eat popcorn when I go to the movies.  There was a time long ago when I had it with butter (or "golden topping," as some cinemas are careful to call it!). But I finally noticed that it was just as good without it.

My favourite ice cream flavour is cherry vanilla, but they don't seem to make it anymore!  I prefer ice cream half-melted, so my taste buds don't get deadened so quickly.

I also like fresh strawberries, and they'll soon be in season!  My father and I used to go to Whittamore Farms in Markham and pick them direct from the ground.  We'd wake up early and get there early so we could pick them before they got hot. (We'd also get raspberries and peas and such.) But we no longer have a car to get there with.

No comments:

Post a Comment