Thursday, November 17, 2016

Dreaming about the past

I sometimes dream of being back in high school or junior high.  Some of the time I'll remember that I'm finished with that and start feeling that I don't belong there.  After seeing the trailer for Silence of the Lambs--not the movie, just the trailer--I had a nightmare where I was back in school and the principal was Hannibal Lecter! [Sure, I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but I felt like mentioning it again!]

I also dream about our old home in Sackville, N.B., which we sold twenty years ago.  In some of my dreams we're visiting the new owner, a friendly French woman who doesn't really exist.  Sometimes it's May and I'm about to start planting our backyard vegetable garden.  Other times it's the end of August and time to return to Toronto, but my parents are procrastinating on the return.  In one dream, the whole street was inundated by a flood!

I also dream about London, England, where I lived for eight months two decades ago.  There are several museums I love there, and I often dream of visiting a non-existent museum that's an amalgam of them.

Occasionally I dream about visiting Russia, which is odd because I've never been there, nor do I have any conscious wish to go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment