Monday, November 14, 2016

Shopping malls

I sometimes dream about shopping malls.  They were a big deal when I was little, though not so much today.  There's a website that tells you all about closed shopping malls and what's happened to their spaces!

I remember when every shopping mall had a bookstore.  That would usually be the place I frequented most.  Lately there have been fewer of them because of all the shakeouts and consolidations.

today many malls are under pressure because so much stuff is being bought online.  I suppose you could look at the internet as a virtual supermall.  But I'm happier when I can see and touch what I'm buying, and have staff in the flesh to deal with.

Someone said that mini-malls are in danger of disappearing.  I'll believe that when I see it.  Something about the mini-mall makes me recall my small-town youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment