Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A very strange day

I never seem to experience days as particularly strange.  I visited Japan 15 years ago and that seemed a rather strange country, more so than China. (Maybe it's because most Chinese are still rural peasants that they seem understandable to me.  In the future, when China has attained Japan's level of economic development, will that country seem strange too?) And Korean society is also pretty strange, especially the totalitarian northern half.  And Russians can be very strange too, as can Americans.

Do some people strike me as strange?  To tell the truth, most people seem a bit strange to me. (I guess that means I'm the strange one!) And when everyone seems strange, nobody stands out as more so.

I've seen some strange movies too.  I once saw a strange Quebec movie about a family, titled C.R.A.Z.Y.  I really can't describe it, yet I knew it was something great!  I saw this series about the history of cinema by Mark Cousins, who had an Ulster accent and a real eye for unusual films!  A while ago I saw the movie Boyhood, filmed over a decade where the character matured along with the child actor, and was thinking, "This is the kind of movie Mark Cousins would like!"

No comments:

Post a Comment