Monday, December 12, 2016

Siblings--older and younger

I'm the youngest of five kids, with two brothers and two sisters. (It was in boy-girl-boy-girl-boy order.) When I was really little I vaguely recall being disappointed in my realization that I was the youngest in the family--it wouldn't have been so bad if I'd been second youngest.  But I didn't mind it so much later, though I used to hate Scrabble because I was youngest and knew the fewest words. (Today Scrabble's one of my favorite games!) I guess I had some advantages in being youngest and even got spoiled a bit.  But it's too late to change anything now, of course.

Are there good TV shows about sibling relationships?  In hindsight, family shows like The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie look cheesy.  But I saw the really great sibling show Bloodline on Netflix recently.  It's about a family in Florida who own a hotel, with a straight-arrow brother who's a police detective, a lawyer sister who has a good career in the big city but ends up returning home, a goofy younger brother who keeps making dumb choices, and a black-sheep brother who returns home after a long absence, is involved with drug smugglers and ends up compromising the whole family so the cop brother kills him. (The cop brother says as narration: "Please don't judge us.") There was also a little sister who drowned in childhood, which figures in the plot...

That's what a family show should be like!

1 comment:

  1. As possible observe in the picture rolex replica sale, the outcomes tend to be impressive. Certainly, the actual Rolex Sea-Dweller is actually among my personal favorite rolex replica uk ever. This signifies every thing We search for inside a view of the kind: simpleness, high quality, performance, as well as stark elegance. The actual replica watches is among the much less typical Rolex activity versions. As the Submariner is actually manufactured in a number of fake rolex sale associated with supplies as well as colours, there's just one Sea-Dweller. It's just obtainable in just about all rolex replica uk, in support of having a dark call as well as dark bezel. Rolex replica sale created the actual Sea-Dweller solely like a plunge rolex replica sale really a style item. Helium get away control device. Created within co-operation using the France commercial scuba diving organization, Comex, the actual helium get away control device rolex replica sale helium substances in order to properly get away without having taking the actual very from the view rolex replica decompression (We informed a person this can be a down and dirty plunge device). Plunge expansion. The actual plunge expansion about the Sea-Dweller is really absolutely nothing to create house regarding, however it's adequate.

    ReplyDelete