Sunday, August 20, 2017

Fortune telling

I try not to be superstitious.  But there's one side of me that wants to hear predictions of my future, just in case they turn out to be true.

Someone looked at my palm once--I think this was at the Arthur Murray studio where I was taking dance lessons--and said that one of my lines shows that I'll have a very long life!

Whenever we eat Chinese food, I read my fortune cookie and take it seriously for a moment. (Did you know that fortune cookies actually come from Japan?) Someone said that any fortune cookie prediction can be improved by adding the two words "...in bed." As in "You will become rich and powerful... in bed!" Have you noticed that fortune cookies never say "You have a bad attitude" or "Tonight you will be robbed"?

Now that I think about it, people who predict what will happen with the stock market and other investments are basically just like fortune tellers.  Women tell fortunes, men predict stock prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment