Thursday, March 1, 2018

Jail

I've never been in jail. (But I'm young yet...)

When I was little my family sailed to England on the ocean liner Arkadia.  During the trip, my sister staged a mass jailbreak from the playroom! The German governess was not amused.

When Alfred Hitchcock was a little boy, his father sent him to the police station with a note.  A policeman read the note and locked young Alfred in a jail cell for half an hour.  When he let him out, he told him, "That's what we do with bad boys!"

Ever see Burt Lancaster in The Bird Man of Alcatraz?  He plays a murderous sociopath who finds redemption by getting to know the birds that fly into the prison yard, eventually writing a book about bird pathology. (He seems to have Asperger's Syndrome like me.) Today it would be rare to see a star playing a fairly unsympathetic character like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment