Saturday, January 5, 2019

A first date

There's a first time for everything.  The first time I went to the movies was at age three, possibly the goofy Disney campus comedy The Monkey's Uncle. (It had something to do with a flying machine.) The thing I remember was that the sun went down during the movie, so it was dark when we came out.

The first time I was in the hospital (besides being born) was at age 15, for ulcer treatment.

The first time I rode an airplane was at age 17, when my parents and I went to Britain and France for a month.  Looking out the window, I noticed that the plane had Rolls-Royce jet engines.

The first time I had a colour TV was at age 19, when we lived in England for a few months.  The first time we had a video player I was 23.  The first time we had an internet connection I was 34.  The first time we had a DVD player I was 39, I think.  The first time we had HDTV I was 50 or 51.

Also, the first time I sang karaoke was on a cruise ship on the Yangzi River when I was 38. (I sang "Hey, Jude.")

No comments:

Post a Comment