Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Cookies

I guess my favourite brand of cookies is those Peek Freans Assorted Creme, especially the round ones without the jelly in the middle.  Another one I used to like was those French vanilla cookies with raisins. (I think they showed impressionist art on the package!) But they seem to have disappeared.

I'm in this Crowdreads Meetup, and every time Maria she brings cookies!  She does a different recipe every time.  She's popular with the rest of the group, of course.

I remember the Cookie Monster on Sesame Street.  Some grownups said that characters like the Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch were bad role models for kids, which I suppose is what makes them popular.  In more recent years they've had him eating fresh fruit instead!  Oh, dear.

The Christie company used to have a big cookie factory in Etobicoke near the Lakeshore area.  We drove past it once, and what a fragrant smell it had!  In school I had a math class with a student teacher called Mr. Christie, so of course some of us repeated the ad line, "Mr. Christie, you make good cookies." (Kids are mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment