Thursday, September 19, 2019

Owls

I don't know much about owls.  I read somewhere that if you dream about an owl it means you're in danger!

I recall that David Letterman's show once chowed a clip of barn owls eating mice, accompanied by "Tomorrow," the song from the musical Annie.

In junior high school we read a book by Farley Mowat about a boy and his pet owls. (The title was Owls in the Family.) I think they were called Wol and Weeps.

There was an owl in the Winnie-the-Pooh stories.  When I was young we had a miniature of that owl that came from a box of Shreddies or some cereal, that had a hole in the bottom so you could put it on the end of a pencil or pen.  I think it lost one of its wings.

I remember a rhyme from my youth:

There was a wise owl lived in an oak.
The more he saw, the less he spoke.
The less he spoke, the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise bird?

No comments:

Post a Comment