Monday, September 9, 2019

Decision-making

You know that Proust questionnaire on the back page of Vanity Fair where they ask celebrities a set list of questions?  One of the questions they ask is, "What do you consider the lowest level of misery?" I think my answer would be, "Indecision."

I remember that Mad magazine did a quiz, "How neurotic are you?" For one question, they showed an illustration with a driver on a two-lane road seeing two big trucks bearing down on him in either lane, and the question was, "Do you have trouble making quick decisions?" The answers were Yes, No, and Maybe!

How is the word "indecisive" pronounced?  Is the third syllable pronounced like "is" or like "ise"? I can't decide!

I'd write more about this subject, but I'm not sure what to say. (Oh well, saying nothing in one type of decision...)

No comments:

Post a Comment