Saturday, November 9, 2013

February

I'm partial to February simply because my birthday is then. (I was born on the same day, month and year as the actress Jennifer Jason Leigh.) When I was little, there was a hit song "The Age of Aquarius" from the hippie musical Hair.  So I associated the Aquarius sign with hippies, who rather scared me.  Imagine my surprise when one day I looked up my astrological sign and found out it was Aquarius!

People talk about the February blues, but they don't seem to affect me that much.  I've always been a bit of an indoor person myself, so winters don't get to me.  I really enjoyed snow when I was young.  Today I'm in the city and don't encounter as much of it as I did back then.

February is also the month of Valentine's Day, which never really interested me.  Even today I'm not much of a romantic type.  My idea of something romantic is fighting for Tibet's liberation.

No comments:

Post a Comment