Saturday, November 16, 2013

Snowstorms

I used to like snow when I was little.  We had a big yard compared to Toronto, so we sometimes got big snowdrifts!  Then we'd need the big scoop shovel to clear the driveway. (We never bought a snow blower.) The last winter snowstorm would often happen around St. Patrick's day.

Days when school was cancelled because of snow weren't uncommon in rural New Brunswick.  But not all winters were the same.  I remember one year when they started a cross-country skiing group in my junior high school, but there was never enough snow for it!

Snowmobilers would sometimes pass through our property. (They killed a couple of our trees.) I've never ridden a snowmobile myself.  I prefer stuff like tobogganing and skating.

There aren't a lot of big snowstorms in Toronto these days.  But when one happens, I remember my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment