Monday, March 23, 2015

Funny incidents

What sort of incident do I find funny?  There was the time in the 1992 American election when President Bush Sr. called on Bill Clinton to come clear on "the character issue," and added "just as I've come clear on Iran-Contra." I found that line hilarious because  on that subject Bush hadn't come clear at all!

And there's the actual incident a few years later where Clinton spoke to an audience of high-schoolers and lectured them about "sexual responsibility"! It was "Do as I say, not as I do." Blatant hypocrisy in our leaders is something I find funny. (And don't get me started on Stephen Harper...)

And I remember a TV commercial some 30 years ago, where a young man said, "You have a computer and you don't have [lists off the popular video games of the day]? That's like having a stereo with no hit records!" So what's wrong with having a stereo with no hit records?  Some commercials are hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment