Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Stories My Parents Told Me

My mother told me once about this girl she knew when she was little called Annie.  Annie swore a lot, and on one occasion Mother said to her, "If you keep swearing like that they won't let you into heaven!" Annie replied, "Don't worry about me, I'll climb over the fence!" Some time later Annie died.  I hope she made it over the fence.

She also told me about this married man who had a mistress, and one day they were overheard in conversation.  She was trying to get him to buy her a new coat, and said, "Look at me in this coat I'm wearing!  I look terrible in it!" He said, "You look good to me, dear." And the story got out, so people started repeating "You look good to me, dear," and it all ended badly.  Mother never like it when people overheard our business.

Mother had a lot of stories like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment