Saturday, March 21, 2015

Mindfulness

On mindfulness, my mind draws a blank.  But it makes me think of lack of mindfulness, also known as carelessness.

I'm not usually the careless type. (My schedule tends to be well-organized.) But there was the time last year when I lost a library copy of Mark Twain's The Innocents Abroad, a really funny book about privileged post-Civil War Americans on a steamship tour  of the Mediterranean.  I'm still wondering where I left it!

My mother was a different case.  She had a habit of leaving her purse in restaurants when we ate out, so we'd have to go back for it.  Maybe it happened just a few times, but she never forgot it.  And there was the time when she stepped on the sharp part of a rake and hurt her toe.  And the time when she took a train to Toronto and I was waiting for her in the arrival area of Union Station, but she came out the departure area.  It was hours before we met up!

No comments:

Post a Comment