Friday, June 2, 2017

Hats

I used to own a Tilley Endurables hat.  But when I was in London five years ago, I was in a subway station and a sudden gust of wind blew it off my head and onto the rails! (I hadn't even reached the platform.) This was just before I returned home, so I didn't get the chance to wait for the staff to rescue it then claim it at Lost and Found, which I imagine would have taken weeks anyway.

After I got home I bought a classic fedora at a boutique in Eaton Centre that also sold scarves.  I also have a summer hat that I bought at Target.

Hats have gone out of fashion in recent decades.  I guess that's because of John F. Kennedy and the '60s counterculture.  I really started wearing a hat in my thirties because my hairline was receding and I was afraid of getting sunburnt on the top of my head.

My fedora is handy for a new Meetup group I've joined for people interested in vintage clothes.  I also have a green cardigan and a corduroy jacket.  I ought to buy a bowtie too.

Sometimes I wish I had a stovepipe hat like Lincoln wore...

No comments:

Post a Comment