Friday, June 9, 2017

Pests

Ever have the experience of swatting a mosquito just after she's bitten you and drawing a little streak of your own blood along your arm or leg? (Today I avoid swatting bugs out of vague principle...)

One kind of pest I dislike is a dog who runs toward you and barks at the same time.  That really frightens me!

I read that during Hell Week at South Carolina's Citadel military school, the upperclassmen march the plebs into nearby swamps and make them stand still as the mosquitoes bite them.  Another institution for the South to be proud of! (Here we have two kinds of pests.)

In the movie Mr. Holland's Opus schoolteacher Richard Dreyfus says, "Sometimes the best way to deal with a pest is to ignore him." Well, that's easy to say when the pest is bothering someone else instead of you!

Donald Trump has always struck me as a pest. (I'm just glad I don't have to work for him!) Dr. Phil also seems like a pest, as do Howard Stern and anyone on Fox News...

No comments:

Post a Comment