Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Passion

My family has never been the passionate type.  I never saw my parents kiss each other.  And I'm not so passionate about things myself.

True, there are some things that make me angry.  I'm still mad about the Reagan presidency and the enablers who responded to him deferentially, for instance in The New York Times.  I'm also angry about so-called "welfare reform," which has made life even worse for a lot of vulnerable people that too few of us care about.

I used to play piano.  I could play most of Mozart's sonatas and some of Haydn's, but Beethoven's were largely beyond me!  My sister Moira, on the other hand, is a very good pianist, so I got to hear her play them.  I'd have to say that my favorite Beethoven piano sonata is the Appassionata. (Other people like the Pathetique and the Moonlight sonatas.)

Has anyone here eaten passion fruit?  I'm not sure I ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment