Sunday, July 23, 2017

Bookstores

It used to be that the store in a mall that interested me the most would always be the bookstore. Today there are malls that don't have bookstores at all!

When I visit London, England, I tend to spend a lot of time (and money) at the bookstores Foyle's and Watterstone's.  When I was there a couple of months ago, I bought several Portuguese books because I'm interested in learning that language.  One was a children's book about the history of Portugal.  Another was of Charles Perrault's French fairy tales, told in Portuguese. (Children's books tend to have pretty easy language.)

You can find a lot of interesting books in university bookstores. At the University of Toronto bookstore I once obtained a huge Chinese dictionary!

A few years back I got a couple of puzzle magazines at Indigo Books.  After I left the store, I realized I hadn't paid for them!  I went right back in and did so, but I could have just gone home and got away with stealing.  Yet there's enough injustice in the world without me adding to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment