Friday, July 7, 2017

Morning rituals

What do I do in the morning that sustains me?  After I wake up and get out of bed, I go to my computer, open Facebook, and play the game Candy Crush Saga. I'm not sure that "sustains" me, but I do enjoy it.

It bugs me when my sister calls Candy Crush Saga a "video game." It's really a computer game that requires strategy!  You move around pieces of candy in six different colors, to form rows of three (or four or even five, as well as right-angle arrays). When you win a game at one level you get to move to the next, and I've passed Level 900! (I think there are over 1500 levels...) You can also use these boosters to put you over the top, but I never use them on principle.

The one thing I don't like about Candy Crush Saga is that when you lose a game, there's this little girl who cries! (That always makes me feel guilty.) When you win, she jumps for joy.  It also has sound effects, but I turn them off most of the time.  I get the impression that the game's really popular with East Asians.

The same company has a game called Pet Rescue Saga, where you remove blocks to save critters.

In the morning I also take iron and Cipralex pills.  And over breakfast I read The Globe and Mail.

1 comment:

  1. Candy Crush is a controllable world with figures with no emotions, unlike the real world?

    ReplyDelete