Sunday, July 16, 2017

Family dinners

Occasionally we'll have the whole family over for a big dinner, often of Indian food. (There's a good Indian restaurant around the corner from our house.) Sometimes we'll put two tables together and bring in chairs so there'll be room for everyone.

I tend to be the first to leave the table afterward.  Small talk isn't my thing.  My father and sister make better hosts than I do: company sometimes wears me out.

My brother and his family are vegans, so that can be hard to plan for. (It makes me appreciate mere vegetarians!) When they come over for dinner, they often bring the food, which simplifies things.

Father's getting on in years and we don't eat out much these days. We used to to to the Swiss Chalet chicken restaurant in the month before Christmas because they'd throw in a Toblerone chocolate bar with the special.  We also went to the Mandarin Chinese buffet, but you have to be careful to avoid overeating at those places.

Does anyone remember the Ponderosa steak houses?


No comments:

Post a Comment