Thursday, September 28, 2017

Plumbing

The word "plumbing" comes from plumbum, the Latin word for lead. That's because in Roman times they used lead for water pipes.  There's a theory that these pipes caused lead poisoning among the population, leading to the decline and fall of the Roman Empire!

In our bathtub, if the water reaches the spillway level, some of the spillway water will leak and drip through the ceiling below.  I don't know where the leak is exactly, though it must be near the tub itself, so all we can do is not fill up the bathtub too high.  There's a problem to solve!

Speaking of problem solving, I now have the problem that I'm doing too many things at once.  Last week was my opera group's first rehearsal--this year we're doing Fidelio and The Magic Flute.  But I missed it because I'd completely forgotten about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment