Saturday, December 9, 2017

Cartoons

I loved Warner Brothers cartoons when I was young! (Still do.) When I was a kid my favorite Warner Brothers character was Bugs Bunny, but as a grownup I prefer Daffy Duck, especially the curmudgeonly later character. (My favorite Daffy Duck cartoon is Duck Amuck, where the cartoonist keeps changing the scenery on him!) My favorite Warner Brothers cartoon of all is One Froggy Evening, in which a man finds a singing frog but gets nothing but grief.

My favorite Disney animated feature is Lady and the Tramp, which is romantic in a nice '50s way.  I don't care so much for the later Disneys:  the only part of The Little Mermaid I thought truly worthy of Hans Christian Andersen's story was the melody of her voice trapped in the bottle!

I like quite a few Japanese anime. (Twenty years ago the series Sailor Moon got me into it.) There's a really compelling anime, Grave of the Fireflies, about two Japanese orphan children trying to survive in the last days of World War II.  The whole world should see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment