Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Curls

I can't think of much to say about curls.  My hair's always been straight and I couldn't imagine it any other way.  Curling is a sport I've never played.  I've eaten curly fries a few times.  I remember Paul Robeson's song "My Curly Headed Baby."

And there was the time that these hillbillies took Rocky and Bullwinkle to see Devil Dan, who turned out to be Boris Badunov, pointed a rifle at them and sang, "On top of Old Smoky, all covered with curls, I'm shooting with rifle at mooses and squirrels!"

One of the Three Stooges was Curly.  And one of the first movies I ever saw was The Three Stooges Meet Hercules.  By this time Curly was dead and had been replaced by Curly Joe.  The plot had something to do with a time machine taking them back to ancient Greece, and there was a chariot chase at the end. (I also saw Snow White and the Three Stooges on my local TV station's Saturday morning kiddie movie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment