Monday, August 20, 2018

Drawing

I've never been much for drawing.  I remember when I played this piano piece in a music festival competition, and the adjudicator criticized my correcting a wrong note afterward.  What he said was true, but it got to me.  My sister Moira encouraged me to draw his face in caricature style. (I wonder what I'd look like in caricature...)

I like that transparent onion-skin paper that you can use to trace a drawing.  In school it was useful for tracing maps.

Do you remember when you were little and it was fun to take pictures and draw moustaches and sunglasses on them?  The illustrations in my school textbooks often bore those marks. (Sometimes they even drew lower anatomy!) 

Another fun thing is to take some picture of a guy with a big Donny Osmond-type smile and black out one or two of his teeth.  When I was little, I sometimes drew gloves on people's hands, go figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment